Get To Know Our 2016 Staff
As each year comes around, we are blessed with a group of people who come to serve in many different ways. Our staff arrive here each summer with a mission to Impact Lives With Jesus Christ in all ways possible. We serve on our mission through keeping facilities and other operations running on a day-to-day basis, whether that be cleaning, cooking or cutting the grass. Take a moment to get to know the Wesley Woods staff of 2016.(In order from top left to bottom right)
- Steve W. Mills. My hometown is Traverse City, Mi. but I currently reside in Caledonia, Mi. My role here is as the Interim Director of Wesley Woods. Outside of camp I am a fan of NASCAR. My all time favorite racer is Bill Elliott but I currently like watching Brad Keselowski.
- Zack Roadcap. I am from Battle Creek, Mi. At camp I am a lifeguard, do maintenance work, play bass in our worship band and am on the cleaning crew. I have two younger sister and have worked at Lake Michigan Camp.
- Benjamin Schubkegel. I reside from Kalamazoo, Mi. My roles here include worship leader, cleaning squad, maintenance and landscaping. I play 8 different instruments, I am a twin, I have 10 siblings, I like to cut hair, I love to slack line and monkeys are my favorite animal.
- Callie Borden. My hometown is Hastings, Mi. I work in the kitchen at camp. I play soccer year round and enjoy long walks on the beach.
- Sam Schubkegel. I am from Kalamazoo, Mi. My roles at camp are maintenance, kitchen crew, drumming on the worship team, cleaning, and being burger boy for cook-out nights. I have an identical twin, I like to rap and bboy, I play the accordion, die hard Chicago sports fan, and I plan to go to law school.
- Jarett White. My hometown is Richland, Mi. I am in the kitchen, I clean, do maintenance and just a little bit of everything. I am a sophomore in college at Grand Valley State University for marketing. A fun fact about me is that I like shoes so much that I have over 70 pairs of them!
- Andria Hunt. I am from Ionia, Mi. I am the head lifeguard at Wesley Woods. Outside of camp I am preparing to be a world missionary.
- Meredith Schmidt. I am from Plainwell, Mi. Here at camp I do kitchen, part-time cleaning and worship band. This is my first year working at Wesley Woods and I love it! I love working with my second family.
- Erin Ullrich. My hometown is Deerfield Beach, Fl. At Wesley Woods I lifeguard, am on cleaning squad and part time kitchen staff. Someday in the future I want to run my own bakery and live on a horse ranch.
- Megan Drumm. I am from Marshall, Mi. I am the Director of Food Service at camp. Outside of camp I am going to Central Michigan University to pursue a degree in Social Studies with a concentration in Political Science.
- Alayna Herman. My hometown is in Union City, Mi. I am the media and marketing person. This is my 2nd year on staff. I am a senior at Central Michigan University in hopes of becoming a high school teacher, and I really love my dog, Bella.
- Shelby Hawkes. I am from Plainwell, Mi. I work in the kitchen and clean part of the time. I like BBQ sauce on my eggs, I am a spelling bee champion, play college soccer, people think I'm Asian, and I can count to a million in Spanish.
- Bailey Clark. Jackson, Mi, is where I am from. I work in the kitchen full time. I came to this camp from 1st-12th grade and have been a counselor for the first time last year and loved it! This is my first year on staff and I plan to continue counseling and working on staff for years to come. This is my home away from home.